Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birthdays and Basketball, Week 5: Monday and Tuesday


Monday:

Lunch: Garbanzo beans with potatoes, salad, watermelon

I got nine hours of sleep last night so I skipped my siesta and worked on homework and typing my blog, then we went to school and worked a little more in the lab.

My classmates, some of the party guests
After classes this morning, Blanca (one of our classmates) told us she was having a birthday party tonight for Nathaniel (her son, who she brought to Spain with her) in one of the classrooms at the school. Today was his fifth birthday. She said normally he has parties at home with his friends and we're his friends here. We all said yes and were really excited to go. The party was also partly for José, another one of our classmates, whose birthday was also today. The party was really nice. They had balloons, noisemakers, two cakes, and ice cream. There were eleven of us students there, and a couple teachers made appearances as well. Nathaniel opened presents also. Since the party was on such short notice, we just got Nathaniel candy from the grocery store next door, but he did get some cool toys, and he really seemed to have fun.

Supper: “Candied?” apples, roasted chicken, soup

We watched Olympic highlights, swimming, and some news. Hopefully Bailey and I will get up early and run tomorrow.



Tuesday:

Birthday boys
We got up at 6:00 this morning and went for a run. It was a lot easier than all my other runs, I think because it was so cool outside and I hadn't just eaten a huge supper. 2.25 miles

Lunch: Beef stew with potatoes and carrots

Today we went to the computer lab from 5-8. I have two papers (history and literature) due on Friday so this week we'll be mostly at school.

Supper: Hard boiled eggs, pickles, potatoes, watermelon

We shot hoops at the beach for a half hour tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment