Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shopping and Basketball: Week 3, Monday and Tuesday


Monday

I woke up at 7:40 this morning, so getting ready was a little frantic. I was actually thankful for having a really small breakfast so I could consume it in about 30 seconds. I still made it to class on time.



Plaza de toros in Valladolid
My history presentation went fine. We got to do them from our seats again, and for some reason that makes them SO much better. At the start of every class, Sergio asks us if we have questions about anything. In literature, evidently a group planned ahead, because they asked Sergio as many questions as they could about what to see in Valladolid, castles near here, what to do in Barcelona, methods of transportation, and good things for kids to do here (because one of the girls brought her son). Sergio played along and answered all the questions and gave us lots of information. By the time the class was half over, he was encouraging us to ask more questions so we didn't have to start our literature topic. He said we're not allowed to ask any questions in class tomorrow :) I must be taking a lot of notes in my classes or all my pens are reaching their end at the same time, because I've thrown away four already. I think I only have one left.
Plaza de toros in Valladolid

After school, Bailey and I went to the library and got library cards. We didn't have time to check out anything because we had to go home for lunch, but I might go back tomorrow during my school break.

Lunch: Garbanzo beans with potatoes and hot dogs with yogurt on the side

El Corte Inglés
We had plans to see Spiderman, but when we got to the theater we found out they were only playing it in 3D, which we didn't want. Instead, we took a city bus to the plaza de toros and El Corte Inglés. We've been to the other El Corte Inglés in Valladolid, but this one is much, much bigger. It's the biggest department store I've ever been in. I believe it had six floors, and every floor is massive. All the products ranged from generic and cheap to name brand and really expensive. For example, some purses were in separate rooms for certain designers. We went in the Carolina Herrera section, and Bailey saw that a tiny wallet was 70 euro. We left the are before I checked the price of a big purse though because the clerk was giving us a look that said: “You're not going to buy anything so why are you in here?” I bought a dress (yes, that's right, I said dress) and a shirt for 30 euro. No more clothes shopping for me.

Supper: Ham omelets and yogurt

Run: 2.5 miles


Tuesday:

Today on my school break I went back to the library, got myself acquainted with the layout, and checked out a book for my literature paper.

Lunch: Stew with veal and potatoes

Today was a pretty hot day, in the mid 90s. Tomorrow's supposed to be in the upper 90s as well, but then I think it's supposed to cool down again after that. Bailey and I went to the beach for a little while, then to the school for homework. We also bought tickets to go to Barcelona August 3-5.

Supper: Hot dog type sausages, french fries (always homemade!), salad, and watermelon

Bailey bought a basketball last week so tonight we went to the beach and played 2 on 2 with the guys. I was no good but it was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment